Giving more power to the maritime industry
From vessel to vessel and from port to port. Power is central to the maritime industry. Whether they are ships, seaports or dry docks, our temporary power plants help maintain the viability of this centuries-old industry around the world.
Altaaqa Global’s temporary power plant is the ultimate solution for the maritime industry if power stations are being shut down or maintained, if the port’s power plant is being expanded, if a permanent maritime power plant is still under construction, or for load shedding or peak shaving.
Serious solutions tailored to the maritime industry:
- Insufficient dockside capacity or inadequate power frequency can hinder operations
- Plan for contingencies such as auxiliary generator failure on ship
- Temporary power is available during planned maintenance and retrofits
- Protect produce during failure or planned maintenance of refrigeration systems on fishing vessels or dockside processing facilities
- Load shedding curbed by multi-megawatt interim power plants
- Large-scale temporary power for load lopping
- Seasonal peak shaving by leasing interim power plants
- Rolling blackouts can be avoided thanks to large-scale temporary power acting as a back-up
- Short term power plants during construction periods
- Having a plan B when power utility services are turned off because of for planned works
- Plant turnarounds and power facility expansion
- Powering offices and accommodations on site
- Temporary power during power outages, brownouts, and other emergencies
- Temporary power planned equipment shutdowns for replacement, repair, or maintenance
- Temporary power for the construction, renovations and/or expansion of buildings
- Getting a grip on electric power costs
- Sensitive electronic or computer systems need continuous and high-quality power
Our maritime industry partners using temporary mobile power solutions:
- Temporary power for commercial boat owners and operators
- Bridge power during the construction phase of Marinas
- Rental power for large industrial boat and shipbuilders
- Interim power plant for port authorities
- Temporary power for fisheries, including canned and processed sea food products
- Rental power plant for dockside processing
- Packaged temporary power for shipyards and dry docks during power plant shutdowns or plant turnarounds
- Temporary generator plant for manufacturers of additives, advance polymers, sealants, specialty paints and coatings
Our rental power solutions for the maritime industry:
- Standby power
- Prime/continuous power
- Load sharing/parallel/peak shaving
- UPS quality power
- Power distribution equipment (transformers, distribution panels, cables)
Advantages of renting temporary power plant for marine companies:
- Option to increase or decrease power generation capacity shaped by changing maritime operation needs
- Adaptive short term or long term leases to respond to seasonal demand and power needs
- Power plants can be deployed and replicated at great speed
- Less capital expenditure when the power requirement only necessitates a short period of time
- Capital costs are avoided where possible and renting a temporary power plant protects your company’s cash flow
- Eventually, a chronic power shortage, power failure, electricity rolling blackout and load-shedding can be avoided
- You can expect continuous business growth from hiring a power station
- You can rely on a quick temporary power solution when disaster strikes
Benefits of hiring Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power:
- Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power, with the strategic support of Caterpillar, provides a worldwide network with over 1,600 locations that can offer customers complete multi-megawatt temporary power solutions.
- The power generation industry’s largest – and most modern – rental power fleet. Altaaqa Global together with Caterpillar’s network of Cat dealers combine to offer full-line, single-sourced solutions for all rental power needs. All dealers are backed by factory rental professionals around the world, providing an extra level of support provided by Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and the Cat dealers worldwide.
- Reliable equipment, built exclusively for rental power industry. Temporary power modules are well engineered and packaged to withstand extreme climate – from the harshest heat conditions of the Middle East to the rugged cold mountains of North America and the wet tropical rains of Asia.
- Experienced engineers and service technicians, supported by the best parts availability in the world. Altaaqa Global and Caterpillar’s parts network provides local sourcing for most parts and routinely ships emergency orders within 4 hours of receiving the order.No other rental operation can boast of the worldwide dealer network and parts distribution system that Altaaqa Global customers have come to rely on.
- Turnkey service – around the clock, 7 days a week. Cat Rental Fleet and dealer Resource Centers provide expert consultation, additional rental inventories, and other resources to dealers and their customers worldwide. Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and Caterpillar’s network handles large-scale temporary power projects of almost unlimited size, from 20MW rental power plant to 250 MW distributed power generation or more.
- Altaaqa Global’s power rental fleet is built by the world’s largest manufacturer of medium-speed generator engines, Caterpillar diesels are the cleanest in the industry.
- Altaaqa Global’s natural gas and dual fuel is the cleanest solution in the power rental industry. Altaaqa Global’s strategic partnerships with key suppliers of power ancillary equipment such as power transformers, distribution equipment, etc. ensure matched, high-quality total solutions for any temporary power requirement.
Request for quote or meeting? Click here