Temporary power is an ideal solution for remote grid support
Many countries are experiencing regional and seasonal electrical power shortages, difficulty in meeting peak energy demands, and deteriorating reliability and quality of delivered power. The reasons for this include: rapidly growing demand for energy; lack of investment in generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure; slow progress towards privatization; and utility deregulation. In such difficult scenarios, Altaaqa Global provides fast and reliable temporary power solutions to the utility power sector.
Even if additional generation capacity is installed, there are many countries where the transmission and distribution systems are constrained and unable to deliver the required electric power. These constrained systems have led to increasing demand for distributed generation. Altaaqa Global’s temporary power plant is the ideal solution for electric utility transmission companies during transmission maintenance, transmission line expansion, the construction of a new transmission line and during emergencies.
Distributed generation is defined as the integrated or stand-alone use of small power generation units (up to 50 MW) in applications that benefit the consumer and electricity system. Given transmission and distribution constraints, electric utility companies are employing diesel generator sets and other power generation technology closer to load centers.
Types of electric power distribution companies that have required our services:
- Radial electric power distribution network companies
- Interconnected power distribution network companies
- Public utility distribution companies
- Private electric distribution companies
- Energy Services companies (ESCO)
- Independent system operators (ISO)
- Generation distribution & transmission operators (GENCO, DISCO, TRANSCO)
- Power brokers
Under what circumstances should utility transmission companies consider renting a temporary power plant:
- To provide stop-gap electric power supply for utility distribution companies
- To generate emergency power after a natural disaster that has knocked out a station
- To respond to natural disasters or weather conditions ranging from droughts (with negative impacts on dams), hurricanes (that can disrupt coal power facilities), continuous heavy rain (that can flood and damage power plants internally), or earthquakes (that can destroy entire power plants)
- A lack of basic commodities on the work market or sudden shortages of coal and gas resources
- The main power plant is still under construction or not yet fully commissioned
- When power plant are ageing and need maintenance
- Back-up or standby interim power plants to bridge upgrades or any kind of shutdown
- Peak shaving during high-demand seasons in summer or winter
- Additional power to cope with unexpected jumps in requirements
- Supplemental power during seasonal demand
- Load shedding and power cuts
- Chronic power shortage when installed capacity cannot perform to its optimum generation rate
- Power plant facilities experiencing planned maintenance, shutdown or upgrades
- Reduced power imports from nearby countries or an insufficient electricity supply coming from a power pool member country
- Explorations or start-up of large-scale research missions in unchartered territories
- Hidden-away places, secluded islands and isolated industrial areas where power generation infrastructure is underdeveloped
- Other unforeseen events that cause power outages
Benefits of hiring Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power
- Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power, with the strategic support of Caterpillar, provides a worldwide network with over 1,600 locations that can offer customers complete multi-megawatt temporary power solutions.
- The power generation industry’s largest – and most modern – rental power fleet. Altaaqa Global together with Caterpillar’s network of Cat dealers combine to offer full-line, single-sourced solutions for all rental power needs. All dealers are backed by factory rental professionals around the world, providing an extra level of support provided by Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and the Cat dealers worldwide.
- Reliable equipment, built exclusively for rental power industry. Temporary power modules are well engineered and packaged to withstand extreme climate – from the harshest heat conditions of the Middle East to the rugged cold mountains of North America and the wet tropical rains of Asia.
- Experienced engineers and service technicians, supported by the best parts availability in the world. Altaaqa Global and Caterpillar’s parts network provides local sourcing for most parts and routinely ships emergency orders within 4 hours of receiving the order. No other rental operation can boast of the worldwide dealer network and parts distribution system that Altaaqa Global customers have come to rely on.
- urnkey service – around the clock, 7 days a week. Cat Rental Fleet and dealer Resource Centers provide expert consultation, additional rental inventories, and other resources to dealers and their customers worldwide. Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and Caterpillar’s network handles large-scale temporary power projects of almost unlimited size, from 20MW rental power plant to 250 MW distributed power generation or more.
- Altaaqa Global’s power rental fleet is built by the world’s largest manufacturer of medium-speed generator engines, Caterpillar diesels are the cleanest in the industry.
- Altaaqa Global’s natural gas and dual fuel is the cleanest solution in the power rental industry.
- ltaaqa Global’s strategic partnerships with key suppliers of power ancillary equipment such as power transformers, distribution equipment, etc. ensure matched, high-quality total solutions for any temporary power requirement.
Request for quote or meeting? Click here