Energizing the rural areas and agricultural locations
Altaaqa Global provides support to the rural electrification governments and various non-government organizations to bring power to the grass-root level. From seasonal peak demand during summer months in the country side of the Sultanate of Oman to the farthest provincial location in South Asia, Altaaqa Global brings electricity to rural communities, farms and agricultural areas around the world.
In local rural communities, Altaaqa Global provides electricity where power infrastructure is either unavailable or inadequate. We help governments and non-governmental organizations to build power infrastructure in very remote areas and in the countryside. Typical applications and scenarios when renting mobile temporary power plant for rural electrification authorities:
We can lease interim power plants to all kinds of electric power distribution and remote power generation companies:
- Isolated rural communities with no electrification system
- Inadequate transmission lines going to rural areas
- Unavailable distribution network in dispersed communities
- Stop-gap electric power supply for utility distribution companies
- Emergency generation needed as a result of a power plant failure cause by a natural disaster
- Natural disasters or weather phenomena: droughts affecting dam water levels, hurricanes devastating coal power plant facilities, sustained downpours of rain leading to flooding within a power plant which destroys its facilities, or earthquakes almost reducing a power plant to rubble
- When raw materials like coal and gas are in chronic short supply because of market forces or unexpected sudden scarcity
- A power plant is still being commissioned or constructed
- An old power plant in desperate need of maintenance
- A back-up or standby temporary power plant during upgrade or any kind of shutdown
- Peak shaving during the summer or winter peak seasons
- Supplementary power to handle unforeseen spikes in demand
- Supplementary power reacting to seasonal demand
- Load shedding and power cuts
- Chronic power shortages because installed capacity could not attain its optimum power generation
- Ongoing planned maintenance, shutdown or upgrades being applied to power stations
- Reduced of import of electricity from neighboring countries or when power pool member country is not supplying sufficient power quantities
- Explorations or initiation phases of large-scale research missions in unknown areas
- Areas where there is no pre-existing power generating infrastructure, such as distant places, remote islands and isolated industrial areas
- Other unforeseen circumstances that cause power cuts
Benefits of hiring Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power:
- Rural electrification authorities
- Radial electric power distribution network companies
- Interconnected power distribution network companies
- Public utility distribution companies
- Private electric distribution companies
- Independent system operators (ISO)
- Generation distribution & transmission operators (GENCO, DISCO, TRANSCO)
- Independent power producers or independent power providers (IPPs)
- Special power utility groups (SPUGS) for rural areas
- Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power, with the strategic support of Caterpillar, provides a worldwide network with over 1,600 locations that can offer customers complete multi-megawatt temporary power solutions.
- The power generation industry’s largest – and most modern – rental power fleet. Altaaqa Global together with Caterpillar’s network of Cat dealers combine to offer full-line, single-sourced solutions for all rental power needs. All dealers are backed by factory rental professionals around the world, providing an extra level of support provided by Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and the Cat dealers worldwide.
- Reliable equipment, built exclusively for rental power industry. Temporary power modules are well engineered and packaged to withstand extreme climate – from the harshest heat conditions of the Middle East to the rugged cold mountains of North America and the wet tropical rains of Asia.
- Experienced engineers and service technicians, supported by the best parts availability in the world. Altaaqa Global and Caterpillar’s parts network provides local sourcing for most parts and routinely ships emergency orders within 4 hours of receiving the order. No other rental operation can boast of the worldwide dealer network and parts distribution system that Altaaqa Global customers have come to rely on.
- Turnkey service – around the clock, 7 days a week. Cat Rental Fleet and dealer Resource Centers provide expert consultation, additional rental inventories, and other resources to dealers and their customers worldwide. Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and Caterpillar’s network handles large-scale temporary power projects of almost unlimited size, from 20MW rental power plant to 250 MW distributed power generation or more.
- Altaaqa Global’s power rental fleet is built by the world’s largest manufacturer of medium-speed generator engines, Caterpillar diesels are the cleanest in the industry.
- Altaaqa Global’s natural gas and dual fuel is the cleanest solution in the power rental industry.
Request for quote or meeting? Click here